Ticket #11715 (closed Feature Requests: Fixed)
Subtitle toast improvement
|Reported by:||sialivi||Owned by:||ace20022|
|Cc:||vdrfan, Montellese, ace20022||Blocked By:|
When toggling between subtitles ('l') the messages in the "toast" isn't always very user friendly. Example:
I have an .mkv file which contain multiple internal PGS subtitles in various languages. The track names are unfortunatly only set to "PGS", but the language fields are properly set. I also have two external subtitle present: a.quite.long.filename.for.this.example.English.srt and a.quite.long.filename.for.this.example.Director's Commentary.srt, using the common <moviename>.<language or track name>.srt naming convention.
When toggling between the subtitles this is the information shown in the "toast" (also note that the filenames shown are truncated and none of the skins I've used scroll this text):
Not very helpful. Something like this would be far more useful:
- "PGS (English)"
- "PGS (Swedish)"
- "PGS (Spanish)"
- "English" or "English (a.quite.long.filename.for.this.example.English.srt)
- "Director's Commentary" or "Director's Commentary (a.quite.long.filename.for.this.example.Director's Commentary.srt)
comment:12 Changed 12 months ago by vdrfan
- Cc ace20022 added; removed
- Owner vdrfan deleted
- Status changed from assigned to new
comment:13 follow-up: ↓ 14 Changed 12 months ago by ace20022
- Owner set to ace20022
- Status changed from new to accepted